Follow these steps to complete an accessibility compliance report for your business, not-for-profit or public-sector organization.
On this page
- 1. The law
- 2. What you need to file a compliance report
- 3. Submit a report
- 4. Update your information
- 5. Accessible alternate formats
- 6. Contact us
You must submit an accessibility report:
- every three years for a not-for-profit organization or business
- every two years for a public-sector organization
The compliance report confirms that you have met your current accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
If you don’t complete your accessibility compliance report, you could face enforcement which can include financial penalties.
What you need to file a compliance report
To complete the form you need your organization’s:
- legal name
- business number (BN9 – found in your federal or provincial tax return) or AODA identifier
- number of employees
- name and contact information of your certifier (a director or senior officer with legal authority to say that the report is complete and accurate)
- category (e.g. business/ non-profit, designated public sector, etc.)
If you think your organization may be in the designated public sector category, check the lists in these regulations to confirm:
File for up to 20 organizations at once
You can use one form to file a report for up to 20 organizations if they all have the same:
- organization category
- number of employees range
- answers to all of the accessibility compliance questions
If the above information differs, you must complete a separate form for each organization.
Submit a report
- Fill out this form to create your report(opens in new tab/window).
- Enter your organization’s information and answer the questions based on your organization category and number of employees. Each question has links to:
- the related section of the regulation
- resources to help you understand and meet the requirements
- Save the form to review and share with others.
- Include information on the primary contact and complete certification. The certifier must:
- make sure all information on the form is complete and accurate
- check the three boxes to show they have authority to certify your organization.
- Save and submit the completed form. You will be prompted to save the form on your computer first and then it will be submitted to us.
You will receive a message that will confirm submission or inform you if there was an error in submission.
After submitting the report
Once we receive the report, a confirmation email will go to the certifier and the primary contact listed.
This email will include:
- a confirmation number
- an accessible PDF copy of your report
Update your information
You must notify us of any changes to your organization (e.g. change in address, change in primary contact information, change in number of employees, etc.).
Accessible alternate formats
Should you require an alternate format in order to use or view the document please email us to ask for an alternate format of the accessibility compliance report and the organizational profile update.
If you have any questions about accessibility compliance reporting or details necessary to complete the forms, please contact us at:
- Canada Toll Free: 1-866-515-2025
- International: 416-849-8276
- TTY: 1-800-268-7095 / 416-325-3408
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: August 10, 2017
Published: December 2, 2017
Original at https://www.ontario.ca/page/completing-your-accessibility-compliance-report